In addition to spending time with my family and close friends on Thanksgiving, I enjoy running in a road race (or two). This year I will be at the Bow Police Association 5k Turkey Trot and Bishop Brady High School’s Galloping Gobbler. The air is usually cold during these races and sometimes it can be challenging to find the motivation to get out there and run; however, the camaraderie of other runners and the sense of accomplishment I feel at the end of the race is always worth it. While I have found my exercise niche in running, I understand that one size does not fit all when it comes to physical activity. Regardless of the exercise you choose, it’s important to stay moving, despite the weather. After all, we are hardy New Englanders!
If you are looking for a motivating run or walk to participate in this week, I have included a few below.
Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.
- Cumberland – 8th Annual Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Day 5K Greely Hockey
- Portland – Portland’s 34th Annual Thanksgiving Day 4-Miler
- Waterville – Champions Fitness Club 13th Annual Thanksgiving Turkey Trot
- Bow – Bow Police Association 5k Turkey Trot
- Concord – Bishop Brady High School’s Galloping Gobbler
- Manchester – Fisher Cats Thanksgiving 5k
- Burlington – 39th Green Mountain Athletic Association Turkey Trot 5K
- Killington – Killington Turkey Trot
- Richmond – Jarred Williams Turkey Trot: Benefiting Never Give Up Ever 2015